Who doesn’t know what Entlib is?
The Microsoft Enterprise Library is a set of tools and programming libraries for the Microsoft .NET Framework. It provides an API to facilitate proven practices in core areas of programming including data access, security, logging,exception handling and others. Enterprise Library is provided as pluggable binaries and source code, which can be freely used and customized by developers for their own purposes.
Around all projects use it.
Here is all concerned blocks with this new version :
- Simplifying the library all around
- Embracing semantic logging
- Increasing resiliency to errors
- Enhancing Unity type registration
- Supporting Windows Store apps (Unity, Topaz)
- Streamlining programmatic configuration of all blocks
- Integrating with other technologies (ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API)
- Improving ease of learning, ease of experimentation (fast start), and ease of use
For more informations click here
For the full documentation see this page : http://entlib.codeplex.com/downloads/get/668950
Also, they wrote a very interesting migration guide which you can find here : http://entlib.codeplex.com/downloads/get/668962
To download please visit this page : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38789